IS-Machines & Equipment
Automatic swabbing for higher product quality and efficiency
The BlankSideRobot is the latest in a series of equipment developments from Heye International, aimed at optimising the glass container production process. In combination with the company’s Multilevel Safety and Protection Concept, the SpeedLine IS-Machine increases work safety, in addition to providing higher product quality and improved productivity.
WHAT’S NEW ABOUT THE BLANKSIDEROBOT?
There is a new compact design with the integrated LED strips. The direction of travel, oil level, general operating status, operating mode and countdown to the start of the robot are displayed by the LEDs. Particular attention was paid to both safety of the system and safety of the user personnel. When it comes to system safety, the focus is on collision prevention/detection (between robot and invert) and a non-destructive tool. The first stage is collision avoidance. The SpeedLine’s invert mechanism stops as soon as the lubrication robot is in the collision area.
The second stage is collision detection. If a collision does occur, the station is automatically stopped to prevent further damage.
The third stage is the use of a “nondestructive” lubrication tool. Heye International uses a breakaway magnetic coupling. If there is actual contact between the invert and the lubricating head, the front part of the tool detaches from a magnetic coupling on the lubricating tool. A catch rope, similar to the rims in Formula 1, prevents the lubricating tool from falling uncontrolled into the machine.
- Compact design: No additional control cabinets necessary (everything is integrated in the robot and setup station)
- Assortment production possible (different containers on one machine)
- Storage tank and mixing unit for the oil both integrated in the robot
- Short pipes (reduced risk of sedimentation) and little wiring
- Extendable protection grids (towards the station)
- 7th axis (travel along the machine) decoupling to move the robot manually
- Magnetic coupling between spray tool and robot arm
- Function of neckring swabbing
- Visualisation of operating states by LED-lights
- Easy-to-use touch panel for programming and setup
- No interruption of production due to lubrication process
- Zero rejects from swabbing
- Avoidance of section stops
- Up to 75% saving on lubrication
- Improved operator safety
- Stable and repeatable volume, thickness and location of swabbing lubricant
- Consequently, more time is available for operators to focus on production optimisation
- Innovative automation solutions and closed loops to reduce manual operator interference